Atlanta is the largest city and capital of the state of Georgia. It is the ninth largest city in the country, and it contains dense forests and rolling hills. The city boasts Southern charm and friendly people. Atlanta is home to some of the best colleges in the country, and the cuisine is mouth-watering. You can enjoy watching the Atlanta Falcons, the Atlanta Hawks, or the Atlanta Braves. It is an exciting place to live. Atlanta is one of the country’s leaders when it comes to people moving into the city. If you are moving to Atlanta or relocating, you will need a place to live. Therefore, you will need to research the area and neighborhoods to see where you want to purchase your new residence.
Atlanta Demographics and Median Income
The census bureau at https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/1304000 puts the population of Atlanta at 463,878. 36.3% are white, 5.2% are Hispanic, and 54% are African American. 3.1% are Asian. The median household income stands at $55,733. The unemployment rate is 5.1%, and the job growth is 3.3%. Atlanta boasts one of the busiest airports in the country. The city is home to one of the best places in the country to get a job.
Median Home Prices in Atlanta
The median home price in Atlanta stands at $278,000. Home values in the city have risen more than 10% over the last decade. There are almost 4,000 homes for sale in Atlanta. The current mortgage rates in Atlanta have decreased in the last few weeks, making now an excellent time to buy a home.
Crime Rates in Atlanta
The crime rate in Atlanta is high. There are just over 30,000 crimes reported each year in Atlanta. The crime rate in the city is drastically above the nation’s average. 98% of other cities in the country are safer than Atlanta.
The average test scores in Atlanta stand at 75%. This is above the state and national average. There are 155 public schools in the city and 64 private schools. 47% of the citizens have a college degree, and 85% have a high school diploma. Kittredge Magnet School and Brandon Elementary School are two of the best schools in the city.
Mortgage Loan Options in Atlanta
When purchasing a home in Atlanta, it is crucial to find the best financing options. A home is a big commitment, so you will need to decide what type of loan you want. Some of these choices include:
- Fixed rate mortgage: This is the most popular type of loan. You can normally get 30, 20, 15, or 10-year terms. Your interest rate will stay the same, and it will not change. If you choose a longer term, your monthly payments will be lower; however, if you choose a shorter term, the payments will be higher, but you will pay of the loan sooner, saving you money.
- Adjustable rate mortgage: Interest rates are unpredictable. Your rate will change after a specific amount of time, depending on the market.
- FHA loans: These loans are insured by the Federal Housing Administration. You will be required to pay mortgage insurance, so this loan carries more lenient requirements.
- VA loans: The Veterans Administration insures these loans that are available to people who have served in the armed forces.
- USDA loans: The US Department of Agriculture offers these loans to people who live in rural areas and make less money.
- Conventional loans: These loans normally require a higher down payment and a good credit score.
Numerous fortune 500 companies, Coca-Cola, and Home Depot call Atlanta home. The cost of living is low, and the job opportunities are abundant. If you need a mortgage loan in Atlanta, research numerous lenders and types of loans available and choose the right one for you. You can then find the home of your dreams.